360 Breathing is the most effective core exercise for pregnant & postpartum mamas! 👏🏻 👏🏻
▪️strengthen your core
▪️improve your posture
▪️activate your deep core muscles
▪️ease labor + delivery
▪️faster postpartum recovery
▪️strengthen pelvic floor
▪️Better functioning core + pelvic floor
You can relieve low back pain, neck tension, chest tightness, and pelvic floor discomfort with proper breathing patterns 🙌🏻
How do we properly perform 360 breathing? ⬇️⬇️
1. Best way is to begin in a seated position on a study chair in neutral alignment. (I’m showing in various positions to demonstrate the activation of the diaphragm & transverse abdominals)
2. INHALE through the nose. Ribcage should expand in ALL directions (front, sides & back) ➡️ expand 360 degrees.
3. Shoulders should stay down and relaxed
4. You should expand naturally- don’t force it.
5. EXHALE through the mouth as you draw in your navel ➡️ this is where you contract your transverse abdominals & muscles of the pelvic floor.
6. Repeat with slow controlled breaths.
👉🏼👉🏼Side note: your pelvic floor has 14 different muscles! They attach in the front, side & back of your pelvis. So you need to learn to activate from all your attachment points to strengthen pelvic floor- not just the front of your pelvic floor 😉
Workout with me here!